St Andrews Beach Brewery calls a 92-acre property on the Mornington Peninsula home. What was once a world class horse training facility has been transformed into a remarkable local brewery and beer garden.
Our motivation is simple; we love making great beer and proving experiences to remember. We also maintain a strong commitment to sustainability and protecting the integrity of our home, the Mornington Peninsula.
WHAT WE NEED
Due to expansion we are searching for a Packaging Manager at our amazing Peninsula Brewery. Working alongside the Head Brewer, you’ll be charged with expertly getting our Brewers great work into cans, kegs & bottles for our customers.
The Packaging Manager role is hands on, covering :
- Responsibility for all packaging operations
- Manage & maintain dry goods warehouse & cool-rooms
- Roster, train & develop the team to meet safety & demand measures
- Operate packaging and labelling machinery
- Build, implement and adhere to appropriate QA processes
- Build, implement and adhere to appropriate Safety procedures
- Conduct, schedule and manage preventative and reactive maintenance
- Work with and oversee external mechanics and technicians
- Conduct weekly stocktake of packaging materials and order materials as necessary
- Manage in-bound logistics of packaging materials
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing & Brewing teams to maintain required stock levels
- Have daily orders ready to be despatched to customers
- Assist and cover for Brewing team during peak periods
THINGS YOU ARE
Passionate and hard-working, able to drive the smooth and efficient running of packaging operations. We are looking for someone who prioritises safety at all times and promotes that culture in the wider team.
You are capable of complex mechanical repairs, taking ownership of ongoing maintenance for all packaging equipment. You will be committed to product quality, with an eye for detail and genuine pride in the output of the brewery. You will be fastidious, without compromise, in achieving the highest quality product for our customers and consumers
- Experience in a similar role
- A demonstrated safety-first approach
- High mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience with an inline filler/seamer and labelling system preferred
- All-round Brewing experience
- Strong communication, with collaboration and leadership skills
- A current Forklift licence
- A strong work ethic and passion for quality and our brands
We want our company values to be reflected in the opportunities and growth we aim to provide for each employee. To reflect this, we are looking for people who respect equality in everything they do, strive for better sustainability practices, and positively add to our culture.
Salary will be dependent on experience.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.